Monday, August 30, 2010

Free Writing - Biggest Sum

This is taken from my blog for Experimental Cinema :

Included in this post are some of my collected thoughts and ideas for the free writing assignment given to us in class. I've been working on things like this for a while but it mostly kicked into high gear during the summer. I usually start off by grabbing my iPod and putting on my playlist of Yo-Yo Ma to get the brain juices flowing. When I am writing especially in this manner I don't necessarily write in any fashion, I kind of explain my process just like I am doing now because it helps to come back to see my mannerisms/style at previous dates. In a way you could call my process a critique of the self. I spend most of my days trapped inside my own head trying to figure out where I am in my life spiritually/mentally. I am surrounded by loads and loads of books that I sit and go through cover to cover every few weeks just searching for an answer, mapping out my brain mentally like it is a hard drive inside of a really old computer.

What stands out the most to me is my constant search for the ultimate question and answer to be brought to me from the great beyond of the universe. I see that everything around me as a purpose and a method to what is being achieved but I feel like I am barely scratching the surface of what can be done. There is just the magnificent battle between researching and actual production that has been my struggle for years on end. I have a brilliant conceptual mind but I can't utilize it because of my overworking of what the process could be thanks to researching. I like how I told myself I have brilliant conceptual mind....all about the affirmations. This is what I have been thinking about off and on, off and on, off and on....etc. This in a way will prepare me for my current life path of going on after art school to medical school to study how to be a holistic doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment